New story
Riku Tanaka
in
Transport
November 25 09:10

Tesla got over 146 thousand pre-orders within two days of its Cybertruck unveiling

To reserve the car, potential buyers had to pay $100
65
0
Tesla CEO, Elon Musk, posted on his Twitter page that following the unveiling of the Cybertruck, the EV manufacturer received over 146,000 pre-orders within two days. Musk added that the company did not advertise the car outside the unveiling.
To reserve a Cybertruck, a potential customer had to pay $100 in advance – this means that Tesla could receive as much as $14.6 million after 146 thousand pre-orders.
Consumers have the option to cancel their order at any time, and Tesla will subsequently refund the paid $100. One the futuristic electric pickup truck is finally produced in 2021, the total cost of the Cybertruck, depending on the configuration, ranges from $39,900 to $69,900 thousand.
Out of the 146 thousand pre-orders, only 17% chose the single-engine model, and the remaining 83% was split almost in half at 41% picking the two-engine model and 42% going with the with the three-engine configuration.
CNBC notes that $100 is quite a small pre-order amount for Tesla. For example, to reserve a Model 3, customers had to dish out one thousand dollars per car, and to get a Model Y crossover, two and a half thousand.